FW: New `B' owner with questions

To: mgs
Subject: FW: New `B' owner with questions
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 17:21:16 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Scott Beattie
<sb@centralperk.com>]]

     Date: Wed,  3 Sep 97 21:21:26 EST5EDT
     From: Scott Beattie <sb@centralperk.com>
     Subject: New `B' owner with questions

Hi All,

First I will apologize for not knowing the answer to these simple questions.

1.  Blinkers on the car stopped flashing.  Checked bulbs, seem O.K so
ecide it must be the flasher unit.  So I swap with hazzard flasher.
blinkers work again.  Buy new flasher and reconnect.  When I attempt to use
the blinkers, nothing except a clicking noise from the flasher unit.  What
have I done wrong.

2.  Where should the temp gauge be reading when driving the car.  I am used
to cars that barely move above one quarter.  In the B it is a little below
half.  When the car is in traffic or on the ferry (stopped with motor
running) it heats up so I turn the extra fan on and it seems to go not a lot
further than half way.  Is this normal.  I don't use the car often (scared I
might break something) and  don't want to drive around Sydney's goat tracks
at 5pm with the possibility of cooking the motor.

3.  The seats (both) don't want to recline so they stay in the usual
position.  Both seats have a lever (chrome) on the side but when you move
them nothing happens.

Any suggesttions would be great.  Thanks in advance

Scott Beattie (Sydney, AUSTRALIA)

79 MGB roadster (ex U.K model)