Re: MGD, MGE

To: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Subject: Re: MGD, MGE
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 06:50:20 -0700
Graham McCann wrote:

> You might wonder what happened to the MGE and MGE, since the models went
> from the MGC to the current MGF.
>
> The MGD was an aborted project car and the MGE was a concept car which laid
> them in the aisles at the Frankfurt motor show in the 1980s.

Does anyone know of any pictures of these cars in books or on the internet?  I
have a
book at home called "The MG Story" or something like that, and it chronicles
the MG
cars in pictures.  There is a picture of a car that looks something like an
'80's
vette in the last battery of pictures.  Is this a MGE?
I have read that the MGD was a gorgeous car, but was scrapped for the fluky,
yet
neat, TR-7.  Anyone care to guess why?

--
Michael S. Lishego