Re: garbage on mail list

To: Spook37211@aol.com
Subject: Re: garbage on mail list
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 19:07:41 -0400
Spook37211@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-09-05 07:27:10 EDT, bkrueger@ici.net (Bud
> Krueger)
> writes:
>
> <<
>  Well said, Trevor!  Maybe they could change the Subject to "Gargage".
> It
>  would save a lot of screening.
>
>  Bud Krueger
>
> Maybe we could all read what we want.......and write what we want.
> Trevor and Bud are in the whining chorus (D Flat), and WE listen.
> Ray

 Ray,
      I certainly have no objection to your reading what you
want.....and writing what you want.  I only ask for a better metric to
determine if I want to read what you've written.

     The mgs list tends to have something on the order of 80 messages
per day. Of that amount, perhaps a couple of dozen are of interest to me
as one whose interest in things MG goes back to new TC's. I have no
interest in Frank Zappa, nor MG songs. I go through the list with my
mouse sitting on the delete icon, ready to zap them into cyberspace.
It's difficult to tell from the subject whether or not the content will
be of interest. I've only said that I would appreciate it if people
would apply appropriate subject headers to that which they write   Many
of our correspondents insist upon copying the entire previous text
before they add their two cents worth. That can make for a lot of mouse
action. If everyone could emulate Bob Allen's ability to <snip> it could
make life much easier. It would be very difficult to emulate his sense
of humor. Trevor was right in what he said. His problem is that he
doesn't know when to quit.

     I'm not a one-dimensional T-series nut. I probably read anyting
that has Barney's or Carol's or Bob Howard's or Skip Kelsey's by-line. (
Don't mean to slight anyone, there a bunch of other's, too.) I wouldn't
skip over a Nory post. She's got a great sense of humor and a delightful
way with the English language.

     It has been said that "brevity breeds conviction". I'm sorry that
this is so lengthy.

Bud Krueger, OF
52TD