MGB Pedal Box Screws

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Pedal Box Screws
From: Michael.Lytton@sierra.com
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 97 10:02:54 PST
     Last night I removed the "pedal box" from my 1970 MGB - that's what I
     think* the name is for the black metal cover that goes over the master
     cylinders, right where the pedals hook to the cylinder plungers.
     Anyway, on my car the box was held on by three or four screws that
     were slot head, and had very bad thread damage.  It appears the PO or
     perhaps a mechanic used the wrong size screws and just forced them in.

     Anyone know what the correct screw size is to hold the pedal box in?
     It appears the threads in the body of the car are still in decent
     shape.

     I'm a digest lurker, so I'd appreciate any responses to be sent to my
     email address as well as the list.

     Thanks!

     Michael Lytton
     1970 MGB