Re: Emissions Question

To: mgbob@juno.com
Subject: Re: Emissions Question
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 13:25:56 +0000
> Hi Scott,
>  Good point about the emission/mile measure.  I think some areas are
> trying to do that, but know not where or how well it's working.
>  Just for the halibut, have you any knowledge of the emissions from your
> employer-supplied daily driver?
> Bob
Bob,
        Well, varies with altitude of course, but I found out the hard way
you don't want to stand right behind it during the engine run-up
check!  I can't really complain about my MGB's gas mileage in
comparison, though.  I went on a two-hour low-level trip today and
burned 3500 pounds of gas, at about $.38 per pound!.  Of course, the
MGB doesn't go 480 mph either!
Scott
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com