Re: Replacing seat belts in a 76 Midget

To: MarkatDE@aol.com
Subject: Re: Replacing seat belts in a 76 Midget
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 19:31:14 -0700
MarkatDE@aol.com wrote:

> I am a new member of the MG family and have been enjoying your group for a
> couple of months now. Thanks for all the great info. My question is does
> anyone know if there is a rebuild kit for the retractable unit on the seat
> belts? If not, could you tell me of another vehicle's belts that will bolt
> in? I know Moss has new ones but I'd rather get something used if possible.
> I'd also like to add my choice for best cruisin tune,
> "Red Barchetta" by Rush.
>
> Mark Phillips
> 76 Midget
Mark,
There is a recall on those seatbelts - yes you can still get them! Im
sorry I forgot whom to contact to arrange it - it was Jaguar but I think
it is now being handled by Rover - Does anyone know the current address?

I got mine (for my now sold 78 midget) by calling Jaguar and a few
months later I got them in the Post direct from the UK.  All at no
cost!!
Come to think of it I still have them in the barn - never did give them
to the new owner.

Rick