Re: Eastwood Company Paints

To: Grant <ggrant@magi.com>
Subject: Re: Eastwood Company Paints
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 10:04:08 -0500
Grant wrote:

> Undertaking a restoration on my midget. Has anyone used Eastwood Co. products
> -- chassis black, engine paint, or trim black?

Dear Porsche Doc:

I've recylced enough beer cans to buy a few odds and ends from Eastwood and I
have always been impressed with their products if not their value. However, for
paint, specifically engine paint, I have always purcahsed it from Bill Hirsch. I
have been really, really impressed with the engine enamels from that outfit:
Easy to apply and very durable.

The only downside is that they don't have a 1275 Midget Green. The 'correct'
color is a really ugly, drab, green that Abingdon must have got a hell of a
price on. They do have 'TC' green and 'MG' marron, however. I suppose you could
ask them if they have John Deere green only darker and drabber. I once painted
my 1275 with Healey metallic green and it went on very good.

Also, their paints come in quart cans (and you need less than a pint). You may
find this a disadvantage however I found brushing on engine enamel to work real
well, both for the intial application and touch up. They also carry the chassis
black and rust preventitve paints. These are pricey and I haven't tried them
(yet).

I think Eastwood has a URL but I can't find it right now.

Bill Hirsch
1-800-828-2061
http://www.hirschauto.com
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"There is a difference, sometimes, between what is legal and what ought to be
done" -- Bill Clinton, March 7, 1997