phew......

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: phew......
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 22:47:35 EDT
Today is Tuesday, I hadnt had a chance to collect my email since last
Friday......
383 messages........................
To say the least my reading of this was cursory, thus i apologise to
anyone whos personal message got delete key treatment  - but if i didnt
reply to you you know why.

There have been problems in the robson stable...Those of you who made the
maine lobster bash a month ago will remember that my 69 was observed
"crabbing"
guess what, checked the alignment and the left side was about an inch
further forward than it should have been caused by a mysteriously bent
leafspring hanger.
upshot.....UJs both knackered, differential knackered, half shafts
knackered
i.e. an entire back end rebuild which wasnt quite what i had in mind!
(and the rear end of my parts car has the wrong hubs/shafts and is, as
you may have guessed - probably knackered!)

I did catch some of the thread on oil pressure (or lack thereof) since my
72 has this particular affliction but there isnt any mystery about mine
at least, the main bearings are knackered(as are the front shocks)to go
with all the other knackered stuff on the 69 - it has been my intention
for the entire season to do something about this over the winter and had
intended a rebuild but had been sucking my gums since the car will need
some serious bodywork before any of us are much older.

You can see how much of this had put me in a fairly glum mood at the end
of last week......but as you know, clouds have silver linings, glasses
are half full, days are partly sunny - i purchased the CT bargain news -
usual drivel of 78 beaters for 4800 bucks, only in need a complete
rebuild etc etc and -  there it was  - in the parts section,...

Off i shot on saturday morning, met with a very nice guy who was keen to
get rid of a 69 roadster  he had parted ten years ago and stored in a
warehouse pending his getting to the project - he didnt so i now have a
correct full rear end, a correct rebuilt full engine/trans with o/d and
all the boltons, front end plus a bunch of body panels and 5 excellent
wires and it cost me less than the shocks the 69 got earlier this year!

Now all i need is a trailer to get it home...... funny, didnt David
mention that??- it WAS sale or return wasnt it??!

Hoping to make the CT Triumph show on sunday - in the GT which God bless
is presently doing 70-90 miles a day and very nicely too,,,

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster