Another 'B back on the road

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Another 'B back on the road
From: Peter Schauss <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 04:24:17 +0000
The subject says it.  I got my '80 MGB back from the paint shop
2 1/2 weeks ago and have spent the time since putting the interior
back together (new carpets and side panels) and fixing a few
bugs like a siezed radiator fan motor.  It should not have taken this
long, but I had to take two weekends off to get my daughter settled
at college in Boston.

Today Tony at the Mobil station managed to get my dual HS4s past the New York
State emissions inspection once again and the car is now officially,
legally on the road.

The car had been off the road since July of last year when my son and
I started in on replacement of the sills, floors, and rocker panels.
After he went back to college, I spent most of the winter finishing
the removal of rusted bits and welding in new parts.  I decided to
turn the car over to a local body shop which has worked on our normal
cars to be stripped and painted.  The job which he originally estimated
would take two months stretched into almost five.  To his credit, however,
he came in at the price originally quoted and picked up the tab for
flatbedding two mile from his shop to my house.

The car looks fantastic, well worth the effort and the wait.  I am
looking forward to two months of driving before I have to put it
away for the winter.

Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB