Re: BMW, Chrysler and Rover: NEW MINI LOOKS GREAT!

To: dknowles@uk.b-r.com (David Knowles), mgs@Autox.Team.Net (MGDIGEST)
Subject: Re: BMW, Chrysler and Rover: NEW MINI LOOKS GREAT!
From: hert@worldaccess.nl
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 97 08:46:39 GMT
David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com> schreef:

> Final bit of "news" - look out for pictures of the new Mini, just
> unveiled at Frankfurt.

The pictures came in this morning, and it looks like a great job done by the
stylists at Rover or
whoever they commisioned it to. The classic lines of Issigonis, smoothed out
and exaggerated
in some areas to give a powerful and characteristic look. Very difficult in a
car that size.

A couple of months ago Rover distributed pictures of two possible Mini
replacements, but I was
not struck by them as I am by the new model.

Minimal MG-content: 11 month old boy now comes to tug at my arm, walks to
garage and says
'Vroom, vroom'. Insists on going for a drive around the neighbourhood, standing
on my knees
and turning the steering wheel himself. Girl (2) first wouldn't go near the
garage because I
started the B once with the garage doors closed, but now has to come along
because of
competition with little brother. I see a great future excuse for more cars
coming up, but for while
I'll have to hide the keys.

Peter
74B