Re: Funky oil pressure gauge?

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Funky oil pressure gauge?
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 00:14:42 -0400
Scott-

The oil pressure relief valve, perhpas?  A weak spring may be limiting the
pressure to 55 or so.  When you blip the throttle, the temporary increase
in pressure causes the valve to open, relieving the pressure.    You
mentioned that you are running a real light break-in oil right now.  I
would expect closer to 75 PSI once you replace it with the 20W-50.  My B
has about 70,000 miles on the bottom end.  I run consistant pressures of
around 50 PSI hot idle, and 75 PSI @ speed.

Regards,

Chris Delling