RE: head gasket question

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: head gasket question
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:56:00 -0700 (PDT)
I would drain the coolant and oil before removing the head. After
reassembly, pour new oil into the engine. Some of the water will be flushed
to the bottom where it can be removed. Then with new oil you could start the
engine for a short time to push oil through the passages and then drain it.
I would not run it very long as this would produce the creamy sludge you are
tying to avoid.