Re: ANSA header

To: "William C. Mills" <williem@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: ANSA header
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 22:56:53 +0100
William C. Mills wrote:

> I am looking for a header that will work well with
> the side draught Weber on my otherwise stock "74 BGT.  I need a new muffler
> setup anyway.  I have searched the typical catalogues (British Vicky, Moss,
> Special Interest, TRF, Motorhead, Proper MG, etc.) and don't see ANSA.
> Seems I remember ANSA for the B in catalogue 5 or 6 years ago.  Anyone know
> who sells ANSA or how well/bad they would work with a Weber?

Ah, no. But, since you didn't say the magic words "Long Center Branch"
then I will. That is the type where the two outer pipes join immediatly
but the center pipe is a long peice that mates about 2 feet down. That
is the only kind to consider with the siamesed head.

Having said that, if you look at the stock cast iron peice, that is what
it does. It's hard to beat the stock manifold on anything other than
full race. The only people I know that have bragged about herader
performance is the ones that paid top dollar.

If the stock mainfold is in good shape, have it Jet Hot coated inside
and out and put it back on. The best you can do for the Weber is keep
heat off of it and the Jet Hot coatings tends to insulate pretty well.

Incidently, it looks cool.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6