Re: MGC Motors, Part II

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGC Motors, Part II
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:29:38 -0400
Nory wrote:
> Don't worry, I won't post your latest harassment, but I am posting my
> reply - I have nothing to hide.

  Some advice for an internet novice, Nory.

  This situation always reminds me of those stories on
prison fights, something you might know of. Perhaps it is
true, perhaps it is TV sensationalism, but the stories
say that in some prisons, inmates will have "feces throwing"
fights.

  The obvious question to be asked is "is it possible
to WIN a feces-throwing fight"? It would seem logical
that in order to throw it, you would get just as
disgustingly dirty as the person you are trying to hit.

  A public "flame war" works the same way, which is
why I am trying to avoid it. Not for the reasons you
so proudly think, that I am "hiding behind email" and
I am "afraid" to have this discussion in public and
that "I am not the first such coward you have exposed,
and won't be the last".

  None of the impartial observers pat anyone on the back
for "winning" a flame war. I know you think you are
earning great approval by choosing to repost "noble
sounding sections" of our discussion publically, but
the reality is far from the truth.

  In a public discussion of this nature, you don't gain
respect for being the "winner", you lose respect for
being involved in the first place.

  I emailed my comments to you privately out of respect
for the users on this list, and also out of a desire
not to be associated with the kind of filth you are
emailing me and that I am forced to quote.

  It seems to be your choice to keep dragging this
back into a totally inappropriate public forum. One
can only wonder at your reasoning, but I offer this
polite advice hoping you will reconsider for your
own sake.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada