Re: Thoughts on MG World

To: MG digest submit <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: Thoughts on MG World
From: Philip <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 97 11:21:57 +0100
Kai, thanks for your comments re MG World

>*I* would like to hear your feed back on the premier issue of MG World.  <I
>think I am taking over Philips job here :-)    >  So please spew all you
>want, you can tell me/the list/Philip whatever you want.
Looks like I'm out of a job, any openings for a poor unemployed motoring
hack? :-)

>I have a few things that I think should be improved, thought about etc.
>First off I would like to see more MGA content.  I do like the fact that MG
>World appears NOT to be focused on the MGF which is good...but I feel that
>some of the prewar cars should also have a bit more room.
Can't feature all the cars in every issue, but rest assured that we'll be
covering the full range. Look out for a feature on an MGA owner who also
owns a drag racer. Oh, and I like the MGF, so you'll be seeing something
on it in most issues; you can see what you're missing! :-)

>Secondly, something most be done about the delivery :-)
Move to England, Kai ;-)

>Thirdly, I would like to see more "parts" reviewed.  Like taking a new MGB
>heritage shell and comparing it to a really original (never restored, but
>excellent) MGB.  It would be nice to see how the new shell compares in
>quality to the real thing.  I saw the VERY small article on the bodyshell,
>but more info was needed to make an informed decision about purchasing one.
Fair comment. That was not intended to be a detailed feature on Heritage
shells, just a sidebar to the main feature. I'll look at doing an indepth
feature in a future issue.

>Oh and Please get a subscription so Philip can afford a nicer pair of
>shorts ;-)  (those multicolored, striped ones...just aren't cool).
Hey, I like my shorts (no else does though) :-(
I was hoping to get some fashion tips from fashion guru Kai, what with
Levittown being the fashion capital of the World, but the picture he sent
was crap, so I couldn't read the designer label on his t-shirt ;-)  My
wife says you should see my GREEN ones!

>Hey and whats this with taking some of my perfectly good Americanese and
>translating it into British English?  (actually it makes it sound kinda
>funny, knowing what I wrote).   ;-)
Ever since some bloke called Webster started messing around with
spellings, you guys have had no idea about English ;-) In fact, (true
story this) I was in the States a few years back and someone asked me
what language we spoke in Britain. Well....! :-)
On a more serious note, the develop of language interests me. Have you
read Bill Bryson's Made in America? It explains why you lot speak
differently.

>(Philip I am serious about the shorts, but I was joking about the Enlish)
How could you be serious about those shorts??

>Well any thoughts you have are welcome...
Wot, about my shorts, or the magazine?

>Kai

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk