RE: Wire Wheels, tires etc.

To: "Gary Burrell" <garyb@pentek.com>, "Gary Burrell" <garyb@pentek.com>,
Subject: RE: Wire Wheels, tires etc.
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 97 22:28:44 UT
Gary,

While I have neither and publicly chastise you for conspicuous consumption and
not sharing your apparently large cache of disposable income with others, I
must praise your choice of wheel style.  Some believe wires look silly on LBCs
(you know who you are).  Anyway, I've heard many complain of Dunlop and praise
Dayton.  The Dunlop's do not appear to be the same quality they were a few
years ago and the chrome has been reported to separate at 3-5 years post
installation (If I recall they are now made in India although I could be wrong
about that).  Of course, you will not have that problem with the Dayton's as
they are stainless.  I have seen the stainless and think they look great and
I'm saving my pennies to get a set for the C.

BTW, I use to have 4 Dunlop chrome wheels for the B.  Two of them are still
usable but the other two have about a 20 busted spokes each.  While the chrome
has not separated, the spokes are the most brittle I've seen on any wire wheel
(these must be older Dunlops).

Decisions, decisions ....

Dr. Doug

A bunch of wired 69 MGs sitting in my garage