Re: Mid-life vs. Adolescence Crisis(for OFs only)

To: elkhart@juno.com
Subject: Re: Mid-life vs. Adolescence Crisis(for OFs only)
From: pat bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 06:53:24 -0700
, I feel that I
> have satisfied my youthful dreams. I am able
> to drive around thinking of what it would have
> been like to have married the dream of my youth.

For Old Farts only

Interesting topic.Are some of us trying to get youth back?Are these cars
symbols of youthful abandon?In my case I just LIKE driving these cars,I
really don't think I,m looking cool or anything when I drive it,though I
do like the idea of driving a car I don't see coming at me!Do you feel
diferent when you are in your LBC?Does it bring back some of that
excitment that you felt 30~40 years ago?I know when I got out for a putt
I do feel like some weight has been lifted ,the sky seems a little
bluer,the birds are chirping the smells are greater.Are all these things
still here when just driving the family tank?Even going to the store a
mile away is a little adventure when driving the MG.It seems these cars
do something do you when you drive them,maybe it is a time warp effect
where we do feel younger and secretly hope we would turn a corner and it
WOULD be 1965 again we would stop in a gas station the guy would come
out and ask"fill er up?"wash your wind screen and all would be right
with the world.How many of you would drive back to that world if you
could?All your problems would dissapear and you would look in the rear
view mirror and a pimply faced youth would be grinning back at you!I bet
you would and deep inside every time you go for  a drive you hope you
turn that corner.

Pat