RE: MGB Front supension mods.

To: mg list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: MGB Front supension mods.
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 12:10:00 -0700 (PDT)
Been there done that... The thump could be you bottoming out on the bump
stop. You have reduced travel as a result of the shorter springs. To get
that back you can purchase shorter bump stops. Making your shocks a litle
stiffer might help too. Make sure that all the bolts are tight. When you do
that much work at once things can losen up on you as new parts break in ie
bushes, lockwashers compress etc. The next thing I would look at are the
rubber pads that go between the crossmember assembly and frame where those 4
huge bolts are. Mine rotted and fell out allowing the crossmember to rock on
the remaining rubber pads. Gave a nice thump sound when I steped on the
brake, went over bumps. When do you hear/feel this thump. Are you going over
a bump, pothole, dip in the road? At what speed? What else do you not like
about the front end? Some of these unfavorable characteristics may help us
diagnose the bigger problem.

Chris Reichle
creichle@nsc.msmail.miami.edu