Re: Tweed Caps (was Re: Enthusiasts?)

To: Teacher122@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tweed Caps (was Re: Enthusiasts?)
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:33:31 -0700
At 04:20 PM 9/19/97 -0400, you wrote:

>In what kind of car does one find the enthusiasts who wear the WWI aviators
>headgear?  (Of course if I get the answer 1979 MGBs, I''ll just figure that I
>deserved it for  cracking on someone)

Tom,

I've got a made in Scotland sheepskin bomber jacket, a sheepskin flying
helmet and goggles for those windscreen down, fall and winter jaunts in the
TC.  I personally don't care if I look like a moron or, worse yet, a posier
when rigged up in this get up.  I'm WARM!  Last Christmas Santa brought my
wife a lovely sheepskin jacket for the same purpose.  She, however, cannot
bring herself to wear a flying helmet.

If I had an `79 B and was going for a drive in February I wouldn't hesitate
to pull the old sheepskin helmet on.  In July I might think twice.....

Any other time finds me with either an MG logo ball cap or, more likely, a
grey felt Kangol.  The Kangol is my personal and perennial favourite.

Cheers, eh!
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)         Surrey, BC  CANADA
 1947 MG-TC 3528           1966 MGB-GT