Re: Tweed Caps (was Re: Enthusiasts?)

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>, Teacher122@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tweed Caps (was Re: Enthusiasts?)
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 17:07:16 -0500
At 02:33 PM 9/19/97 -0700, Ross MacPherson wrote:

>I've got a made in Scotland sheepskin bomber jacket, a sheepskin flying
>helmet and goggles for those windscreen down, fall and winter jaunts in the
>TC.  I personally don't care if I look like a moron or, worse yet, a posier
>when rigged up in this get up.  I'm WARM!  Last Christmas Santa brought my
>wife a lovely sheepskin jacket for the same purpose.  She, however, cannot
>bring herself to wear a flying helmet.

Gladys McNaughton wears her helmet! She darned sure wore it in Canada and
Alaska, too!  Of course,  the McNaughtons drive a Morgan. BTW, John has
one, too.

OTOH, Bob Nogueira (Morgan) wears a Tilley. So, naturally I had to have
one. Great for all-around driving. I carried 4 hats on the trip. Different
weather and/or different driving styles require different hats. Only the
Tilley has a "name."  The others are just hats, except for the black velvet
cloche -- that's a gen-ewe-ine ~STYLE~ hat! It speaks volumes! The volumes
can be summed up by saying "her hair looks like hell again today!" or "it's
cold today."

>Any other time finds me with either an MG logo ball cap or, more likely, a
>grey felt Kangol.  The Kangol is my personal and perennial favourite.

OK, Ross. You got me going....

What's a Kangol? (I know! My ignorance is hanging out everywhere!!)

Carol