Re: wire wheel balancing

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: wire wheel balancing
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 07:25:00 -0500
Nory wrote:

NO>So basically, Tom, a bubble balancer was not as accurate, right?  (see I
NO>understood some of it)

NO>I may be dating myself here, but I didn't know it wasn't done that way
NO>anymore.  In these days of insurance/liability problems, a lot of shops
NO>don't let customers in the work areas anymore, so I haven't gotten a
NO>good look at the modern version of the wheel balancer.  OTOH, I saw it
NO>done at least 20 years ago (on a bubble balancer) and never had a reason
NO>to actually watch it again.

NO>So, do any of the major chains (Firestone, Broad Elm, etc.) have the
NO>knowledge/experience/capability to balance wires (by virtue of the
NO>volume of work they do), or must we search for a little shop run by some
NO>ancient dude with hair growing out of his ears?

 There are alot of Cheap tire deals that include "bubble" balanceing.
I usually ask for the high speed Spin balance ( They spin the tire up
to about 60 mph) to make sure I don't have freeway problems.
 I found a smaller place that will mount/spin balance tires on wire
wheels for $15 each ( don't know if it's a deal or not) just by calling
around and asking (I'm  new to WAR wheels ).

John Kahoon
71 midget
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO Interactive * 216-381-3320 * telnet://bbs.pcohio.net
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web at http://www.pcohio.net