RE: MG Wire Wheels

To: <KYBP79A@prodigy.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: MG Wire Wheels
From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 14:06:24 -0400
Dan Henson wrote:

> I have a '69 MGB with wire wheels and I have the dreaded
> "wire wheel clunk"... are there one piece wheels that fit the
> wire wheel hubs ?

Yep ... VB has a center-lock(utilizes the wire wheel hub and
knock-off) alloy wheel ('Minilite' style) ... their catalog states
that they "... are a factory rally and racing wheel reproduction."

The 14" set sells for $900 ... The 15" set sells for $1,000 ... 8^0
Check with one of the Moss/VB distributors on the they list
... they should be able to get ya a hefty discount.

Oh ... if ya have the dreaded 'wire wheel clunk' then you will
probably need a new set of hubs ... 8^(

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com