Re: MG Wire Wheels

To: KYBP79A@prodigy.com (MR DAN C HENSON), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MG Wire Wheels
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 11:20:59 -0500
At 11:44 AM 9/20/97 -0500, MR DAN C HENSON wrote:
>-- [ From: Dan Henson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --
>
>  I have a '69 MGB with wire wheels and I have the dreaded "wire wheel
>clunk"... are there one piece wheels that fit the wire wheel hubs ?

It is my understanding that you can get bolt on hubs for the front axle but
not for the rear. The whole axle will need to be replaced.

As far as the "clunk"... we didn't get that far on the MGA.   When DOS
decided on the chrome/stainless wires, we checked the "slop" of the new
wheels on the old hubs very carefully. We decided to "protect our
investment" and replace the rear hubs since there was movement. The fronts
had no slack in them.

HTH

Carol