Re: Drip, drip...carb jet leaks

To: ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: Re: Drip, drip...carb jet leaks
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 11:47:17 EDT
Please let me know if you get an answer to this that comes in directly. I
was just fixin' to send out the same message, ironically. Friday night I
replaced one of the little oval buggers in the rear carb. It worked great
in the garage against fuel pump pressure. Worked fine Saturday too.
Sunday AM it was great. Got home Sunday PM and that same jet was pouring
more gas down than a four-barrel Rochester. It's so comforting to have it
miss the hot exhaust pipe by almost two inches.
Bob
 Who always has his fire extinguisher at the ready, but didn't smell the
leak this time.