Re: Drip, drip...carb jet leaks

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Drip, drip...carb jet leaks
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 21:16:10 -0400 (EDT)
<Now that the TD is back on the road after a hiatus of a few months, the carb
jets are dripping like crazy. Since the garage is underneath my living room,
this makes for a most
salubrious smell after it is parked for a few hours.  Has anyone tried
o-rings?>

I just went through this with the H4s on my MGA. I got a set of teflon
O-rings from a local MG T restorer. 2 O-rings where each cork seal goes (4
total on each jet) and it cured  the leak. The one caution I was given is to
chamfer the inlets on the sides of the jets so the O-rings don't rip on them.
I believe they ultimately came from Joe Curto (718-762-SUSU).

Kim Tonry
Editor - MGB Driver
Downers Grove, IL, USA