Re: Engine weights/was how about a real V8!

To: DANMAS@aol.com, mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Engine weights/was how about a real V8!
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 19:49:03 -0500
At 07:04 PM 9/23/97 -0400, you wrote:
 If I don't do anything at all to upgrade the suspension and
>brakes, it will still handle and brake better than any that still has the
>2500CC six cylinder engine and stock brakes and suspension, because the
>engine not only weighs less, it is also placed further to the rear, and
>lower, than the stock engine.

 Just always remember that mega HP doesn't help it stop any better! But I
suppose what we each want out of a car can differ. My current B will remain
4 banger, though I intend to tweak it. The Jensen probably soothes my big
bore desires.

>Please, don't try to get us to thinking too rationally and logically. If you
>do too good a job of that, we may all wind up selling all of our LBCs, and
>getting something a lot more practical. No rational person would own one of
>them. Would they?

 Hmmm... I have a Jensen Interceptor, MGB, and Series Land-Rover, all
sharing everyday driving duties -- just how rational can I be  ;-) ??

Michael, New Bern, NC