1275 Midget Water Pump

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1275 Midget Water Pump
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 21:50:21 -0500
I'm Back! With yet another question.

While poking around under the bonnet I noticed that the Fan had a little
wobble.  I removed the fan belt and to my surprise I could rock the
water pump shaft out of line.  It's not leaking and the car runs cool so
I know that the pump is working OK.  I went ahead and removed the
radiator so I could get a better look and sure enough the shaft has
enough side to side play that I can make it "click".  It appears from
the manual that there is no way to replace the front bearing.  Now the
question, is this side to side play normal for a 1275 or should I
replace the pump while I have it all apart.  It looks like a pump is not
too expensive, and the hoses need replaced anyway.

Thanks Again,

Mark
70 Midget
Nashville