Re: how about a real V8!

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu
Subject: Re: how about a real V8!
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 12:39:46 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-24 12:15:25 EDT, mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu writes:

> Speaking of stupid, has anyone thought about putting a Chevy 350 into a
MGB?

Did some one call me? Oh, yes, about the Chevy 350 MGB. Yes, I have seen a
few. The only real problem with using the Chevy is weight. A Chevy 350 weighs
about 100 pounds more than a Ford, which means it weighs a lot more than an
MGB engine.

If done right, though, it shouldn't be any worse than an MGC, which, as Bob
has pointed out, is not bad at all.

If you want ro get really crazy, drop in a Chevy big block, with a GMC
blower, and tub the rear end! That ought to do it!  At the Townsend show a
couple of years ago, a guy showed up with a Midget that had been tubbed, with
a Chevy small block. Awesome!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74