Re: how about a real V8!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: how about a real V8!
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 13:13:33 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-22 14:09:26 EDT, tboicey@brit.ca writes:

<<
 Mike Cousins wrote:
 > [Mike Cousins]  If you want HP, just pop in a Rover V8 & pump it
 > up to 200 hp!  Too much power is never enough.

   But that's a lot of work and tuning for a "measly"
 200hp.

I saw an interesting car the other night....it was a Miata with a Ford
smallblock.  The engine had aluminum Twisted Flow heads on it, so the weight
was probably around 400 pounds or so.  Since it also had a supercharger on
it, I suspect that it produces considerably more than 200 hp; I might add
that it made a very nice package.
I don't know if this engine/trans would fit in the B's compartment, so you
might be limited to the old Buick engine.
BTW, does anyone know how much a B engine and OD trans weighs?
Ray