MGA Temp. question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA Temp. question
From: John Rogers <rogersj@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 21:41:22 -0500
Thanks to all of you who responded to my MGA temperature guage
question.  If you'll remember, I thought that my car was running a
little hot.  I got my temp. guage rebuilt in the sprint so I assumed
that it was right.  NOT...  I pulled the sensor out of the block and
checked it against my candy thermometer (which must be right because it
says that water boils at 210 which I suppose is good since not all of
the water in the pot could be 212 or it would be floating out of the pot
as steam).  Anyway, my water temp. guage consistently reads 15 degrees
hotter than my trusty candy thermometer.

So much for more complicated ideas such as timing, etc.  I guess I'll
either have to not be nervous about the guauge knowing that I am
actually running 15 degrees cooler, send the guage back for a
recalibration, or try to reset the needle myself which I don't think is
a real good idea.  I am back on the road looking forward to the Memphis
Brit. car show next month.