Re: (off) Brits steal'n our cars!

To: mowogmg@pil.net (Kai Radicke), mgworld@chp.ltd.uk (Philip)
Subject: Re: (off) Brits steal'n our cars!
From: hert@worldaccess.nl
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 97 07:41:27 GMT
Philip wrote:
> >Probably, you guys took the bulk of MG exports in the 50s and 60s. Now
> >English enthusiasts are shipping them back over - good Californian cars
> >are nice and rustfree. Shame the steering wheels are on the wrong side
> >though ;-)
> >
> >Philip Raby

But that's only a temporary problem because in the new Europe the Brits will no
longer drive on
the wrong side of the road.

Kai wrote:
> In any case I have no decided (along with Doug) that all MGs going to the
> UK, or leaving the US, will be charged a $100,000 (US) fee.  All proceeds
> will benefit the Dr. Doug and me (and the MGPO will get some).

That's allright because with Kai's recently demonstrated economic insights,
applied to the
MGPO and considering the enormous influence he has on the economy as a whole,
the dollar
will soon be worth less than an Italian lire. Actually, the dollar started
dropping already this
morning. The $100,000 will be just enough to give the car a nice shine before
you send it off to
its new owner.

> As always listers your input to the MGPO is important, we will gladly read
> your opinion and then gracefully delete it...if of course we don't like it.

Delete an opinion? I tried that once too but the guy wouldn't sit still.

Peter, ears still cold from this mornings commute in
74 ex-Cal B