RE: Corded Steering wheels

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Corded Steering wheels
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 11:42:14 -0700
At 12:33 PM 9/25/97 -0400, you wrote:

>If you will explain what a 'corded' steering wheel is, then Carol promises
>not to harm the teddy bear .... ;^)
>
>Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com

OKAY OKAY! Just calm down Carol, and nobody needs to get hurt!

A corded wheel is one that has had the wheel rim wrapped tightly with heavy
cord.  It provides protection to the wheel and improved grip and comfort for
the driver.  It also looks fantastic in a vintage, wind in your face,
leather flying helmet & goggles kind of way.

Replies from the Pre-War list from those with experience suggest that I may
spend all winter practicing and then  reinstall the wheel in the spring in
the same condition it is now.  I'll let you all (y'all?) know how it goes.....

Cheers,
  Ross MacPherson
 1947 MG-TC 3528
 1966 MGB-GT