Re: Dash Lighting

To: tbett@tir.com
Subject: Re: Dash Lighting
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 09:12:03 EDT
Terry,
  A couple of months ago there were a number of ideas offered on this
very topic.
Among them, that I remember:
   Radio Shack 7.2 volt bulbs. Sounds odd, but reported to last long
enough, and bright
   Clean the inside of the glass on the gauges
   Check the supply wires and the ground wires
   Clean the switch with electronic parts cleaner  -- Radio Shack spray
cleaner

  You might put an ohmmeter across your rheostat. If the thing is clean,
and it works at all, it's OK and the problem is elsewhere.    Years ago,
Ken Purdy, in his book Kings of the Road, spoke of TDs passing other cars
at night, the bright green glow of their instruments being visible to the
overtaken driver.  Maybe.....certainly the taillights won't make any
lasting impression.  MG, perhaps unsure that the generators could supply
all the electricity required, seems to have made the instrument lights
progressively dimmer in the TF, the A, then the B.
Bob