Re: Interesting problem

To: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Interesting problem
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 16:24:10 -0400
Don Mathis wrote:

> I did not drive my MGA for about 9 days.  When I attempted to start it
> yesterday, the battery was dead.  The battery is 2 months old.  I took off
> the negative ground and placed a ammeter between the lead and the negative
> battery post.  It read 128 ma.   Somewhere I have a semi-short!

  That's actually a pretty good short, well pretty
good for one that you didn't discover with smoke.

> Any ideas how one should logically, find this?

  Have an assistant leave the meter connected as it
is, and watch it. Go around the car pulling out
fuses one by one, and see if you can make it
go away.

  If you have any "hidden" bulbs like gloveboxes
or courtesy lights, that's another thing to check,
yank the bulb and see if the meter goes to zero.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada