Re: Blessed Previous Owners?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Blessed Previous Owners?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 16:18:04 -0400
At 12:48 AM 9/29/97 +0000, you wrote:
> With all the bad-mouthing DPOs get on this list, I thought I'd put in
> a good word for the guy that owned mine previously.
> ..snip..
>       Any other BPO stories out there?

  My DPO was an idiot, but he had a lot of good
points. He was too afraid to work on the car,
so he paid dearly for all maintenance and didn't
screw anything up himself.

  He also wasn't a "make do" type of guy, so
stuff that broke was replaced with new ones at
a local reputable shop that charged him dearly. I
almost feel bad for him, he was a young kid and
he sunk $5K into this car over three years and I
think he only had it on the road for one of them.

  When I got the car it had problems, but it
also had things like brand-new lever shocks,
brand-new master cylinders, and other neat things
that I probably never would have sprung for
on my own unless I absolutely had to. After a
bit of tidying up, the car seems to be ready
for a decent amount of service.

  Oh, this wasn't worth a whole post, but my
revious cars list:

1983 Toyota Corolla SR-5 ($3K CDN drove for 6 years)
1982 Toyota Corolla SR-5 (free never made it street legal,
                          had fun with it, it became a beast)
1992 Toyota Celica GT ($12.5K CDN, Great car)
1975 MG Midget ($1.5K CDN Great car)

  ...still shopping for that next car.

--
Trevor Boicey