Re: Weak starter? - Perhaps an answer

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Weak starter? - Perhaps an answer
From: ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:37:11 -0400
Thanks for all of the responses to my question about wheather
a weak starter could be making the car behave as if it had
a dying battery.

The answer seemed to be, "It's possible, but check everything
else first.", so I did.

Getting down to the starter end of the circuit, I grabbed the
front of the starter and tried to wiggle it, to insure that it
was bolted firmly to the bell housing.  I could feel something
moving.  Checking further, the back end was firmly bolted, but
the two long bolts which hold the front cover in place were
quite loose.

Tightening the two long bolts produced a noticable improvement,
but with temperatures only going down to 55-60 at night
I am going to postpone my final celebration.

Peter Schauss
ps4330@okc01.jccbi.gov
schauss@worldnet.att.net
1963 Austin-Healey 3000 Mk II