Re: Weak starter?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, schauss@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Weak starter?
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 19:50:30 +0000
From: Peter Schauss

> My '80 'B turns over just a bit slowly when I first start it in the
> morning.

Connect a voltmeter from the hot post on the battery (not the clamp) to
the hot post on the starter solenoid, crank the engine (coil
disconnected) and measure the voltage.  Do the same with the voltmeter
on the ground post and the case of the starter.

If you get more than a couple of tenths of a volt in either case them
you have one or more bad connections, use the same method to track them
down.

PaulH.