Parts Quality??

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Parts Quality??
From: "Craig H. Brallier" <brallier@twd.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 11:28:28 -0700
Even though I qualify as an OF, I'm relatively new at LBC ownership and
have a question concerning the quality of parts available.
If distributors like Moss, Victoria British, The Roadster Factory, etc.
all advertise as "British Motor Heritage Approved Distributors" why all
the problems with the quality of parts?  I guess the "BMHAD" doesn't mean
a thing and it's still buyer beware?  I understand not all the parts they
sell are NOS or original, lots are reproductions and if one sells a repro
chances are the others do too.  Is is just a matter of experience and
learning which are original and which are repros?  From comments I've
read from the list, seems like everyone has had a bad experience with one
or more of the suppliers.  Since I'm 20 minutes from TRF they get most of
my business which fortunately up to now hasn't been enough to break the
bank.  (Now that I said it look out checkbook!!)

Craig
75 B
76 B