Three Unrelated Things (but LBC)

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Three Unrelated Things (but LBC)
From: "EPMD- Van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 15:55:27 +0200
(1)  First, thanks to all who gave me suggestions on my "Suddenly
Overheating" problem.  It was - TA DA - the thermostat, nothing more.
Several listers opined that they usually break in the open position.
Maybe rare, but they can break closed and, WOW - the engine gets hot
FAST.  Now it's running great except

(2)  It diesels for maybe five seconds.  How bad is this?  Is it better
to let it diesel or engage the clutch?  Any common causes I can look at?
Well,

(3)  I got to drive a LHD MGF the other day.  Not for long, maybe 20
minutes.  And I couldn't REALLY test it as the dealership guy was with
me.  But very, very nice.  Great handling, responsive breaking, precise
shifting, well appointed, hood goes down (neatly) in milliseconds.  A
very, very nice, modern sports car.  I very much liked it and enjoyed
the drive.  Then walking across the car park to my B, it dawned on me.
Too nice.  Too modern.  It didn't have the DRAMA, it didn't have the
PRIMITIVENESS, it didn't have the FEEL, it didn't have the NOISE, SMELL,
etc that I will always believe are the essence of LBCs.  Damn fine car,
though.

"Jay"
John S. van Syckel
1971 MGB (BRG,No PO)
AMGBA
MG Car Club Deutschland, e.V.
"Just one man's opinion and nobody asked."