Re: Three Unrelated Things (but LBC)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Three Unrelated Things (but LBC)
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 06:10:06 -0500
EPMD- Van syckel, John wrote:

> (2)  It diesels for maybe five seconds.  How bad is this?  Is it better
> to let it diesel or engage the clutch?  Any common causes I can look at?

Not damaging to the engine if it continues to run forward.  However,
sometimes an engine will try to run backwards after the ignition is
turned off.  This is not particularly healthy for the camshaft.  It will
not hurt anything if you put the tranny in 4th gear and engage the
clutch just after turning off the ignition.

> (3)  I got to drive a LHD MGF the other day.
<snip>
> I very much liked it and enjoyed
> the drive.  Then walking across the car park to my B, it dawned on me.
> Too nice.  Too modern.  It didn't have the DRAMA, it didn't have the
> PRIMITIVENESS, it didn't have the FEEL, it didn't have the NOISE, SMELL,
> etc that I will always believe are the essence of LBCs.  Damn fine car,
> though.

*Exactly* why I love parking my 'B next to a BMW Z3 at work whenever I
can.  Maybe it can teach the Z3 a few things about auto "soul".  I mean,
the Z3 barely makes any sound when the engine is running.....
--
Wayne Kube
Plano, TX