Re:British Motor Heritage Museum

To: MGDIGEST <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re:British Motor Heritage Museum
From: David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 11:04:00 +0100
Ken Hedges wrote:

>>>Can someone let me know the location of the British Motor Heritage Museum,
and any other places of interest that one might find MG cars on show.

My wife and I will be in England next month, and I would like to visit
"MG
PLACES"<<<

The Heritage Museum is at Gaydon, Warwickshire, which is a few miles
north of Banbury, Oxfordshire. The museum is sihnposted from Junction 12
of the M40 motorway, and is on the B4100 (I think). Phone number is
+1926-641188 and fax is +1926-641555; I'm sure they could fax you a
location map. Don't forget to visit the National Motor Museum at
Beaulieu, Hampshire, in the lovely New Forest (southern England, north
west of Southampton, where MG's and Triumphs used to leave on thier way
to US). Not quite so much MG stuff there, but fascinating and well worth
a visit nonetheless. If visiting Abingdon, call in at the MG Car Club
offices (signposted from the western [Marcham] end of the town). I
suggest you check opening times with them - phone is +01235-555552.