Re: "Fix Before Use" part

To: mgrick@ptd.net
Subject: Re: "Fix Before Use" part
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 10:22:39 -0700 (PDT)
My position on these kinds of parts is a little different.  I would be
perfectly willing to accept a part that needs a little fiddling to make it
right IF the low quality is reflected in the price and IF the parts
supplier posts this fact in the part description in the catalog.  I recall
some part for
a T-series MG that the Moss catalog described what would be required to
make it work.  If your heater valve was cheap and it is perfectly
functional after the modification (and they would have told you
beforehand), this would be acceptable to me.

Other parts are plain junk though, e.g. new early Spridget bonnet hinges
that are made out of much thinner steel as original.  The originals
buckled, the new ones are plain junk.

                                                           '67 Sprite