Re: "Fix Before Use" part

To: ulix@u.washington.edu, MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: "Fix Before Use" part
From: "Paul Hammarstedt" <wfme@mail.mc.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 15:11:07 +0000
>Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>

>........ Other parts are plain junk though, e.g. new early Spridget bonnet
>hinges
> that are made out of much thinner steel as original.  The originals
> buckled, the new ones are plain junk

I agree.  And why bother selling a bonnet that is 1/4" to 1/2 inch
narrower than the original or the hole it is meant to cover?  You can't
convince me that anyone can
"fiddle" with that enough to make something of it. Unless they are so
smart they can remanufacture it.... the liberal
application of filler is about the only way of dealing with it and
not a very good way... .why waste our time selling parts that are
this bad?

Forgive the rant, I'll be quiet for a while.

71 MGB, Two 60 MGA basket cases