MGA 1600MKII

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA 1600MKII
From: Lawrence Swift <"mgtd51@shell1.shore.net"@shore.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 05:32:04 -0400
I just finished a frameoff restoration of a 1951 MGTD; took about 6
years working weekends.  Looks pretty good, so I decided to get involved
in a real challenge.  Bought a 1961 MGA MkII in pieces; a body and most
of the running gear, a 1622 engine, proper transmission, etc.

My questions.  I believe the MkII came with front disk brakes.  This one
has drum brakes on front.  Perchances, did any of these cars come with
drum brakes.  If so, would it make sense to convert to disks, or are the
drum brakes sufficient.  Originality is important to me, but getting the
car on the road as a daily driver at a reasonable cost is more
important.

Thanks,

Larry Swift