A with Attitude on the road

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A with Attitude on the road
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 02:27:18 -0500
Hi gang,

Just back from the Eastern New York MGA Club second annual all British
gymkhana in Brooklyn, NY.  We got to play car games on the NYPD police
training course again.  This time it wasn't just a quick cruise around
the course, but they also left it the back-in garage in mid-course, lots
of gear gnashing there.

12 drivers entered, 3 MGA's, 3 MGB's, 1 TD, 1 TR6, 1 Mini, 1 MG GM
(Oldsmobile with an MGA grille), and two guys in taking turns in a MG
Tercel (Toyota - honorary MG).  I'm almost embarrassed to report the
outcome, but it was a good day for the A's.  The MGA with an attitude had
fastest time of day, 43.27 seconds.  Second fastest was another MGA,
48.76 seconds.  All the others fell in the 50-60 second range, except I
think the TD fell over into the 60's.  The TR6 retired after one run with
bad brakes (actually, almost no brakes), not being able to back into the
garage.  DRDED, where were you?

So tonight (this morning) I'm in Freemont, Ohio, about 9 hours out of
Brooklyn, NY, and about 3 hours from South Bend, IN.  Got a race date
today at the Tire Rack test lot in South Bend with some real speed
freaks, South Bend Region of SCCA.  Let y'all know tomorrow.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude