New at this

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New at this
From: Spencer Parks <jkc@esper.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 21:09:40 -0400
Greetings All,

I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks and have finally joined your
ranks.  Last week I bought a 1980 MGB in fair condition with the high hopes
of restoring it.  I always wanted to own one and figured this would be my
best shot.

It is, more or less, drivable.  However there are a few things that need to
be done before it's road worthy.  Most notably the electrical system (yes
we even require brake lights in TN).  I'm kind of out in the boonies and
most everything I get will have to be ordered.

        1)  Can anyone recommend a good manual?  I'm no rocket scientist but
have
a fair amount of commone sense.  Right now one with a good electrical
diagram would be a real plus.  Also need to know (by way of a manual) what
was OEM on this baby.

        2)  Would also appreciate any information on parts suppliers, especially
those with catalogs.  Thanks in advance.

BTW....there is A LOT of great information here.  I've been taking notes
steadily.

Peace....
Spencer
Ten Mile, TN