Re: Brake fluid

To: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Subject: Re: Brake fluid
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 19:06:01 -0400
G Graham wrote:

> I can't seem to find DOT 4 brake fluid in my area. Can I use DOT 5 if I
> replace all of the fluid in the lines? (have to bleed the whole system
> anyway)
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary
> 74 1/4 MGB

  DOT 4 should be fairly common.  Many ABS systems require DOT 4.  Castrol
LMA is most popular but most stores also carry Prestone (Black can).  DOT 5
is OK except that everything has to be clean and if you lose a hose away
from home you'll have trouble finding it.  You can use DOT 3.  What ever
you use you should bleed every other year (just like you do on non-LBC
vehicles).