Re: Brake fluid

To: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>, MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Brake fluid
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 22:45:06 -0400
Gary-

What area are you in.  Castrol LMA is Dot3/4 approved and is distributed
nationwide.  Could be that your local discount autoparts emporium genius
doesn't know what your asking for.  Unless you are contemplating a complete
rebuild of all brake hydraulics, I would say stay away from DOT 5.  DOT 3
and 4 are both organic fluids.  Silicones are not.  As I understand it, the
major difference between 3 and 4 is the high temp. characteristics.

Regards,

Chris