Fibreglass Panel Replacments?

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fibreglass Panel Replacments?
From: Jim Boyd <ISC@dcsi.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 20:11:55 -0700
Hey Listers:

A business associate of mine currently works full-time developing and
fabricating composite panels for TR3 Datsun 510 race cars.

In an attempt to diversify his line, he is considering the development
of molds to make panels for TR6s, TR3s and MGBs.

Is there an interest out there for high quality hand laid fibreglass
panels at reasonable prices?  Obviously, this posting IS NOT for the
purist.  But I do know that my TR6 bonnet weighs about 48 pounds and
sits high on the car.  I'm personally looking for options to make the
car a better autocrosser without sacrificing the traditional look.

If you feel there is merit in this project, please e-mail me privately
with your constructive thoughts.  Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Jim Boyd
International Sportscar Components
Paradise, CA