Picklestein-Clutched in fear or simply clutched!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Picklestein-Clutched in fear or simply clutched!
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 19:37:59 -0400 (EDT)
    The clutch problem continues to haunt Picklestein-actually I believe it
is revenge Hoodoo from Adrian Jones.  I repent! I repent!
     I  took George Merryweather's advice and tried to operate the clutch
manually.  While I "depressed" the clutch with a piece of pipe, my SO was
unable to put it into gear when the engine was running.  This rules out the
hydraulic system.  Either I messed something up when I replaced all of the
trans gaskets or when I attached the engine to the transmission I put
something in a bind.  Bgor and I had to clamp the transmission and engine to
get them to come together.  We assumed that the problem was the new pilot
bushing(non-soaked, but lubed thoroughly-I feel a dreaded thread opening up
again!) was just a tight fit.  Only the last inch to inch and a half had to
be clamped.  Could the trans plate be binding somehow?  Is it possible that
even though the central fingers of the pressure plate are being depressed,
the plate is not retracting?   I feel an engine pulling coming on!   Thanks
for any thoughts!
Tom Green
1979 Clutched Paperweight